
You know what they say about LEMONS and LEMONADE? This cute dress started out as a lemon. I was pretty far along with the construction of this dress when I saw a blurry smear of a flaw in the fabric die. It was right on the front bodice. It looked like a few of the lady bugs had been squooshed. I had to cover it up somehow and....one thing led to another.
So ALL the embellishment on the bodice and hat are really "a happy accident".
The set hung around in my shop for a long, long time and I had almost given up on it ever selling. Then along came a nice lady from North Carolina with a good eye.
Today I found the feedback she left on this little cute as a bug set.
It was the most wonderful comment from a customer I have ever read ...she even sent me pictures from her daughter's baby shower! It brought a tear to my eye.
Get your kleenex handy...here's what she said.
"Oh my. I knew the photos looked excellent but I found out seeing this gorgeous outfit in person was even better. Excellence personified and by a true seamstress artist. It was a baby shower gift (for my first grandchild!) and it was THE hit of day. 30+ guests ooooh'd and aaaaah'd and admired this exquisite Little Lady Bug dress, bonnet, and panties. And none moreso than my daughter, the momma-to-be. Well deserved kudos and *applause applause* to you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
Here's the beautiful, happy mama!

Customers like her.....make it worth every late night stitch!
No comments:
Post a Comment