There are several stores in the Chicagoland area. I have been to two of them , on Roosevelt near I94 in the "south loop" and the other on Main St. in Evanston.
The picture above is of the silk ROOM at the mother store in Evanston. It is a maize of rooms each filled with hard to find quality fabrics. The silk taffeta I bought for Josie prom dress last fall was less than $3 a yard. Nothing can get me more excited than the sight of all those thousands of yards of designer fabrics!
Vogue fabrics carries corset and millinary supplies. I'm going to check into that while I am there.
Also, I am going to register as a sewing professional so I can shop at the warehouse store and get an extra 10% off at the other stores. They have a big sale there every year when the warehouse is open to the public. It's on May16th and 17th.
First stop is Peaches Boutique where we will find the perfect style of very expensive prom dress for Miss Lauren. Then it is off to fabric utopia to find the fabric and trims for her knock off.
OR
OR
They actually sell the pleated skirt panels at Vogue.
Lauren is tall and plus size. A dark blue or teal would look really good on her. She thinks she wants a ball gown. That is another reason for going and trying on first. I always recommend that because what we think looks good on us and what really does, are usually two different things. Which do you like best?
No comments:
Post a Comment