
I'm always looking for some quick tidbits to feed my sewing addiction and recently I picked up a little magazine called Quick Stuff To Sew. It's from the publishers of Threads and Sew Stylish. It led me to this awsome sewing blog, BeSewStylish.com, which is full of all sorts of time saving sewing tips and fun project ideas. I L-O-V-E the beautiful photos and projects but I have to say that the instructions could be better.
The issue was worth the price just for the blog address, but I also picked up a couple of really genius sewing tips using Glad Press'n Seal wrap as a sewing aide.
For sewing patent Leather they used strips of it along the seam line to keep the presser foot from sticking. It tears off easily and leaves no residue. Brilliant! You could use it on the bottom and it would probably prevent feed dog marks, too. :)
In another project about covering wooden boxes with fabric, the instructions show how to use Press'n Seal as a template for embroidery. Place the clear wrap over the printed embroidery pattern and trace it onto the wrap with a permanent marker. Then, laying the wrap on top of the fabric, they embroidered right thru the film and tore it away when done. Pretty Slick!
I'm not really into machine embroidery but I know this has to be cheeper than the tear away stabelizer. How many feet comes on a roll for under $3? You can use it for other projects too...AND to save leftovers! There are many more crafting uses on Glad's 1000's of uses list.
Some I thought I might use were; to cover acrylic paint, as a sew thru quilting template and a project organizer.
Several ideas were for using it in scrapbooking and leaded glass designs. Hmmm...I wonder if I could use it on that long forgotten mosaic glass tile project?
Know any more crafting uses for this product? You can add yours to Glad's 1000's of uses list.
The publisher, Taunton, is working on another blog - soon to be unveiled- devoted to crafting of all sorts http://www.craftstylish.com/ You can sign up for the mailing list now. I can't wait to read it!
No comments:
Post a Comment